One of the most used static analyzers in the world.
Our guiding principles
Strong focus on undefined behavior. Undefined behavior is very difficult to catch both at compile time and through testing. It may give rise to both safety and security incidents.
No false positives
We want our results to matter and that all warnings should be taken seriously.
Simple to integrate and use
Our tool is meant to help programmers, not become another obstacle in your daily work.
Trusted by the world
Cppcheck is trusted by engineers all around the world in all kinds of industries such as Automotive, Space, MedTech, Defense, Rail, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Equipment, Finance, Telecom.
Our user base as well as our community is located around the world. Cppcheck is a truly global tool with more than 15 years of development behind it.
The Cppcheck community is growing every day. The repository is housed on Github and boasts more than +5k stars, +27k commits, +5k closed pull requests, +300 active contributors.
Cppcheck Open Source
Free to download and use!
Cppcheck Open-Source is a very competent static analysis tool with advanced checkers focused on improving code quality.
- Cppcheck is perfectly suited for universities, startups, open-source projects and prototype stage commercial projects.
- The source code is released under GPL 3.0.
- We encourage our users to actively contribute to our community through bug-reports, feature requests and code contributions.
- The tool is based on a unique data flow analysis which makes it different from other tools on the market.
- The tool is easily integrated in many different development environments. You can run it in Visual Studio, Eclipse, Clion, Qt Creator, C++ Builder, and many other C/C++ IDEs.
- The tool is designed to be able to analyze your C/C++ code even if it has non-standard syntax (common in embedded projects).
- Cppcheck covers C++ 11, 14, 17 and partly 20.
- Cppcheck is known for its easy on-boarding, simple interface and large number of supported integrations. For CI the most popular are GitHub and Jenkins. For IDE’s, the most popular are:Visual Studio and Eclipse.
- Cppcheck is cross platform. There are installation packages for Windows, Linux, Mac, BSD. And it is compiled and run on various other operating systems also.
Cppcheck Premium Business
Contact sales for a quote
Cppcheck Premium Business license integrates with the free open-source tool Cppcheck. Cppcheck Premium offers a more in-depth analysis as well as other features aimed at software with requirements on safety and security.
The Cppcheck Premium Business license supports installation on individual developer computers.
- A growing number of essential checkers for undefined behavior and other dangerous coding constructs.
- Bug-hunting (“Soundy” analysis). Cppcheck Premium supports a bug-hunting mode intended for when a bug is found in testing but not easily identifiable in the source code.
- Support for safety standards such as MISRA C, MISRA C++ 2008 and AUTOSAR. Compliance reports are available for all safety standards.
- Support for security standards such as CERT C and CERT C++. Compliance reports are available for all security standards.
- We have put a lot of effort into making the installation, integration and configuration process of Cppcheck as seamless as possible. However, no development environment is alike and we therefore offer online support in optimizing Cppcheck in your environment.
Cppcheck Premium Enterprise
Contact sales for a quote
Cppcheck Premium Enterprise license supports both installation on individual developer computers but also installation in CI-environments and containers.
- The enterprise licensing model supports development environments regardless if they are connected to the internet or not.
- For enterprise customers, we always provide an online onboarding service to make sure you get the tool up and running as soon as possible.
- Dedicated technical support with installation and integration in your own CI environment.
- Please contact sales and let us know how we can help