One of the most used static analyzers in the world.
Why use Cppcheck?
Cppcheck is a static analysis tool for C/C++ code. It provides unique code analysis to detect bugs and is top rated in detecting undefined behavior and dangerous coding constructs.
Plug & Play
Cppcheck is built to be Plug & Play with a maximum 30 min from installation to result.
On-prem and air-gapped
Run locally and air-gapped with no license servers, network configurations, or SLA-agreements to worry about.
No False Positives
We treat all false positives as bugs because we want developers to trust the tool.
Our unique bi-directional analysis makes the tool one of the fastest on the market.
Verified on actual code
Finds actual dangerous bugs by focusing on undefined behavior and ”useful” checkers.
The right tool for the task
Multi-purpose tools seldom excel at any one thing. If finding bugs is important to you, you need a specialized tool.
Only developers work with support which means that our support always know what they are talking about.
Based on open-source
Continuously tried and tested by thousand of developers on hundreds of platforms makes it a tool you can trust.
Ensuring Safety Compliance
Cppcheck's inclusion of support for safety standards such as MISRA C 2023, MISRA C++ 2008, and AUTOSAR, along with the provision of compliance reports, offers a practical tool for developers in industries where safety is a priority.
Ensuring Security Compliance
Cppcheck's support for security standards like CERT C, CERT C++, and Top 25 CWE provides a valuable resource for developers focusing on cybersecurity. Additionally, the ability to generate compliance reports for these standards helps streamline the security certification process.
Trusted by the world
Cppcheck is trusted by engineers all around the world in all kinds of industries such as Automotive, Space, MedTech, Defense, Rail, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Equipment, Finance, Telecom.
Our user base as well as our community is located around the world. Cppcheck is a truly global tool with more than 15 years of development behind it.
The Cppcheck community is growing every day. The repository is housed on Github and boasts more than +5k stars, +27k commits, +5k closed pull requests, +300 active contributors.
Free to download and use!
Cppcheck Open-Source is a very competent static analysis tool for C and C++. It is supported by hundreds of enthusiasts in the open source community and has been downloaded millions of times.
- The tool is designed to be able to analyze your C/C++ code even if it has non-standard syntax (common in embedded projects).
- Cppcheck is cross platform. There are installation packages for Windows, Linux, Mac, BSD. And it is compiled and run on various other operating systems also.
- The tool is easily integrated in many different development environments. You can run it in Visual Studio, Eclipse, Clion, Qt Creator, C++ Builder, and many other C/C++ IDEs.
- Cppcheck covers C++ 11, 14, 17 and partly 20.
Cppcheck Premium Business
Cppcheck Premium Business offers a more in-depth analysis as well as other features aimed at software with requirements on safety and security.
The Cppcheck Premium Business license supports installation on individual developer computers but not in CI-environments, VMs or containers.
- A growing number of essential checkers for undefined behavior and other dangerous coding constructs.
- Bug-hunting (“Soundy” analysis). Cppcheck Premium supports a bug-hunting mode intended for when a bug is found in testing but not easily identifiable in the source code.
- Support for safety standards such as MISRA C 2023, MISRA C++ 2008 and AUTOSAR C++ 2014. Compliance reports are available for all safety standards.
- Support for security standards such as CERT C and CERT C++. Compliance reports are available for all security standards.
Cppcheck Premium Enterprise
Contact sales for a quote
Cppcheck Premium Enterprise license supports both installation on individual developer computers but also installation in CI-environments, VMs and containers.
- The enterprise licensing model supports CI-environments, VMs and containers.
- The enterprise licensing model supports development environments regardless if they are connected to the internet or not.
- For enterprise customers, we always provide an online onboarding service to make sure you get the tool up and running as soon as possible.
- Dedicated technical support with installation and integration in your own CI environment.
- Please contact sales and let us know how we can help